Whether you need criminal defense or representation for a personal injury claim, our team, lead by Chris Crawford, will fight 24/7 to guarantee that your rights are protected. These trial results should inspire confidence.
Pensacola Dog Bite Lawyer
Fighting For Those Who Have Been Injured By Dog Bites in Florida
Dog bites can lead to very serious physical and emotional trauma, leaving victims with not only physical scars but also significant medical bills and emotional distress. At Crawford Law, we recognize the profound impact that dog bites can have on individuals and families. Our Pensacola dog bite attorney is dedicated to providing compassionate and skilled representation for those who have suffered due to dog attacks. If you or a loved one has been a victim of a dog bite incident, we are here to help you navigate the legal process and secure the compensation you deserve.
Call Crawford Law today at (850) 220-2098 or contact us online to schedule a consultation with our dog bite injury attorney in Pensacola.
Common Injuries Caused By Dog Bites
From small cuts and bruises to more severe wounds, the consequences of a dog attack can be both immediate and long-lasting. Common injuries resulting from dog bites include:
- Puncture Wounds: Dog teeth can cause deep puncture wounds, which may lead to infection if not promptly and properly treated.
- Lacerations: Sharp canine teeth can cause lacerations that may require stitches or other medical interventions.
- Fractures and Broken Bones: The force of a dog bite can cause fractures or breaks in bones, particularly in the hands, arms, or legs.
- Nerve Damage: Severe bites may damage nerves, causing long-term pain, numbness, or loss of function in the affected area.
- Scarring and Disfigurement: Dog bites often result in visible scars, which can be a constant reminder of the traumatic incident.
- Infections: The risk of infection is high with dog bites, given the bacteria present in a dog's mouth. Timely medical attention is crucial to prevent infections.
- Emotional Distress: Beyond physical injuries, dog bites can cause emotional trauma, leading to anxiety, fear, and even post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
What Damages Could Be Recovered in a Dog Bite Claim?
If you've been bitten by a dog, you may be entitled to compensation for various damages resulting from the incident. We can work tirelessly to help you recover damages such as:
- Medical Expenses: Compensation for current and future medical costs related to the dog bite, including emergency room visits, surgeries, and rehabilitation.
- Lost Wages: If the injuries sustained from the dog bite result in missed work, you may be eligible for compensation for lost wages and diminished earning capacity.
- Pain and Suffering: Compensation for physical and emotional pain and suffering experienced because of the dog bite.
- Property Damage: If personal property was damaged during the incident, such as torn clothing or eyeglasses, you may be entitled to compensation for these losses.
- Wrongful Death: In cases where a dog bite results in the loss of a loved one, surviving family members may pursue compensation for wrongful death.
What is the Statute Of Limitations for a Dog Bite Claim in Florida?
In Florida, there is a specific time limit on which a dog bite claim must be filed. The statute of limitations for dog bite claims in the state of Florida is typically four years from the date of the incident. It is crucial to act promptly and consult with us to ensure that your claim is filed within the required timeframe. Waiting too long to pursue legal action may result in the forfeiture of your right to seek compensation.
Contact Our Pensacola Dog Bite Attorney Today
At Crawford Law, our Pensacola dog bite lawyer is committed to delivering personalized and aggressive representation to safeguard your rights and seek the compensation you rightfully deserve. Let us be your advocates in seeking justice for the physical and emotional trauma you have survived due to a dog bite incident. Call us now, and let us guide you through the legal process, working tirelessly to achieve the best possible outcome for your case.
Contact Crawford Law today to get started with our Pensacola dog bite lawyer.
$800,000 Townhouse Community - Hurricane Irma Claim
$4,000,000 JR - Trial Verdict Slip and Fall Injury
$350,000 JR - Commercial Truck Crash
Do All Criminal Cases Have Juries?
Creepy Costumes and Cautious Choices: A Halloween Injury Survival Guide
The Long-Term Consequences of a DUI Conviction: How it Impacts Your Life
What Are the Most Common Causes of Car Accidents?
Crawford Law Continues to Expand!
In The Aftermath Of A Car Wreck With Injuries, Should You Always Call The Police Regardless Of The Damage And The Injuries That Were Sustained?